Boarding life during the camp
Boarding students at IBS Summer Camp come from all over the world to learn French or English while having the time of their life.
Designed on the concept of a family home, under the watchful eye of supervisors, the boarding section is an extension of the day in a convivial atmosphere, alternating between activities and cultural regional visits, meals and leisure time.
Our five IBS boarding houses accommodate boarders in rooms of two to five.
Student rooms are organized by gender and age range, and languages/nationalities are mixed.
Our boarding houses are located outside campus (from 1min to 20min away) and a bus comes to pick up the students every morning for a nice breakfast on campus, and drops them off every day after dinner.
Some boarding houses have a swimming pool and one of them even has a tennis court, that boarding students at IBS Summer Camp can use after a camp day.
Sometimes we organize Pool Parties at the end of the day, so students can relax all together around the pool, with nice music and a barbecue.
The following services are available to boarders:
• Transportation services -> Marseille airport (MRS), Aix-en-Provence TGV train station <- (Friday and Sunday between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm)
• Medical care monitoring
• Laundry service (for students staying 3 weeks and more)
• Pocket-money management
To enrol your child as a boarding students at IBS Summer Camp, just check the boarding option in the enrolment form.
Also bed sheets are provided, however, students are free to bring their own sheets/blankets/pillows. Please note that for 1 week stays, disposable bed sheets are provided.
Typical Weekly outings :
- Visit of Aix-en-Provence
- Hike/walk near the mountain Sainte-Victoire
- Local museums – Musée Granet, Hôtel Caumont, Atelier de Cézanne, Fondation Vasarély
- Shopping in Marseille – les Terrasses du Port
- Visit of Marseille (small train)
- Visit of old city centre Notre Dame de la Garde, Vieux Port and the museum « Mucem »
- Les Baux-de-Provence – visit of the Castle and « les Carrières de Lumières »
- Château de la Barben
- Visit of medieval villages in the Luberon – Gordes, Lourmarin, Fontaines-de-Vaucluse
- Beach outing with pic nic – Côte Bleue : Carry-le-Rouet / Ensuès-la-Redonne
- Visit and evening market (marché nocturne) – la Ciotat
- Zip lining
In case of bad weather:
- Cinema – Plan de Campagne
- Bowling – Plan de Campagne
- Laser Tag – Plan de Campagne
- Shopping in Marseille – Les Terrasses du Port (indoor shopping centre)
- Visit of the famous Chocolate Factory in Puyricard
- Visit of the Confectionery du Roy René in Aix-en-Provence
- Visit the Occitane factory in Manosque – guided visit in French or English
Typical Weekend Outings
- Boat tour from Marseille – leave early in the morning for a visit to the island « Île de Frioul » and/or « Chateau d’If »
- Calanques and boat tour – Cassis, la Ciotat
- Aquatic park (i.e. Aqualand St-Cyr-sur-Mer)
- Avignon – visit the Palais-des-Papes, Pont d’Avignon
- Arenas of Nîmes or Arles
- Les Gorges du Verdon (visit the lake Ste Croix by boat)
- Visit to Camargues : Saintes Marie de la Mer / Grau du Roi
- Beach outing: Bandol Plage and Plage des Lecques